Medical Pedicures in Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Leesburg, Reston, & Warrenton, VA
Everyone has heard about a pedicure. After all, it’s the ultimate in self-care for your feet. Now, you can take advantage of a different type of pedicure–a medical pedicure, designed to focus on both the appearance and the health of your toes, toenails, and feet.
Your feet and toes take a beating throughout your life. They are also easy areas of your body to overlook. A medical pedicure puts the focus on your feet and toes.
What a medical pedicure is
A medical pedicure is a foot and toe treatment performed by a podiatrist or podiatry staff.
What a medical pedicure does
During your medical pedicure, your provider will:
- Examine your feet and toes, looking for any signs of fungal growth, ingrown toenails, and other issues
- Shape your toenails by cutting them straight across
- File your toenails to remove jagged edges and make them smooth
- Remove any debris and dirt under your toenails
- Thoroughly clean the nail beds and underneath your nails
- Smooth away calluses and corns
- Thoroughly moisturize your feet
Why you should have a medical pedicure
A medical pedicure can provide many important benefits like these:
Prevention of ingrown toenails, by shaping and gently lifting your toenails away from your skin
Repair of cracked or damaged toenails, to better protect your toes
Elimination of foot and toenail odors by thoroughly cleaning your feet and toes
Prevention of dry, cracked skin by thoroughly moisturizing your toes, and the soles and heels of your feet, using thick, nourishing moisturizing products made for your feet
A medical pedicure is a wonderful service for everyone, to promote healthy feet. It’s also a great treatment for diabetic feet because a medical pedicure can:
- Boost circulation in your feet and toes
- Improve healing and foot wellness
- Enhance sensory innervation in your feet and toes